Installing & Accessing
Installing & accessing platform apps and content
Scan the topics to find your answer.
If you can't download an app, please check if any of the below conditions apply to you:
- You need a Google Play account and/or should be signed in on your device. You must be signed in to your Google Play account in order to download Android apps.
- You do not have an Apple ID/account and/or are not signed in to your Apple account on your device. You must be signed in to your Apple account in order to download Apple apps. You may need to trust the Developer Account.
- You are using Safari to view the web app. Please use Chrome to view the web app on your Apple device.
- Your connection has timed out. You must be online to access a platform app via desktop, tablet or mobile. Check your internet connection and try again.
- Make sure your device is compatible. Check if your browser or device has an update here: Update Chrome | Update Firefox | Update Internet Explorer | Update Android | Update iOS
- You have downloaded the app but can't sign in. If you have forgotten your password, use the "Forgot Password" option. If you have a platform backend account, you must login with these details and may not use the "Forgot Password" option.
- Your invitation to join the invite-only app may have expired. Request a new activation code via the link in the invitation email or contact your account agent who will be able to re-send your invitation.
If you are struggling to install an app or access content...Try This!
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. Delete the app from your device and reinstall.
- Remove the content that's not loading and re-add it from the Discover section.
Tried everything? Please submit an App Debug Report.
To install the Progressive Web App (PWA) on your Apple device (mobile, desktop or tablet), you need to be using the Safari browser when accessing the app link.
How to add a platform app to your home screen & create an app shortcut:
- 1.Open the app link, e.g. platformname.io/app-name
- 2.If it is detected that you are on an Apple device, you will be prompted to "Install App".
- 3.Tap the send icon and then select "Add to Home Screen"
- 4.On the next screen, confirm the action by selecting "Add"
- 5.The app icon will be saved to your device's home screen
Add to Home Screen
Select the Home Screen icon (you may need to scroll sideways)
Tap "Add" (top right)
If a non-Apple browser is being used on an Apple device, the device detection will not work and the PWA (web app) can not be installed.
To remove stories on the "My Stories" / "My Library" section of your app, select the settings icon (to edit) and remove the stories you no longer want to see here.
Remove stories from your app library
Download for Offline Stories can be downloaded to your device. This will allow offline story access.
Story Access Removed If your story access is revoked, the downloaded story will be removed from your library.
This will happen automatically when there is a connection available or when the story updates check is run (every minute or so).
Offline story progress is saved to your device & is only synced with the platform when you are online.
When platform apps are released, they are often only made available in specific countries.
If you receive the following message: "This item is not available in your country", please contact your account support to request access.
If your app has frozen or you are unable to continue, please try one of the following approaches:
- Close and re-start the app
- Log out and login again
- Ask your Agent to report the issue
If a platform app has been made public (has a sign-up option), you will be able to create an account without being invited to join.
If you are a user who signs up:
- 1.You will have access to stories that have been made publicly available on that app.
- 2.You can still be invited to join private stories.
When you are given access to a platform app and/or story, you will receive an invitation email and activation code.
Invites expire after 3 days, meaning that anyone who has been invited must activate their account within 3 days. If not, the Activation Code will expire.
If your Activation Code has expired, you can use the "Request a New One" option to get a new code.
Account activation reminders are sent to users who have not activated their account within 1.5 days. Only one reminder is sent.
A platform app is approximately 17MB. This is a once-off download.
If you want to download and save stories to your device for offline access, you're looking at under 100MB per story.
Stories are limited to 100MB, and the average story is 20-30MB.
The more stories you save for offline access, the more space the app will need on your device.
To access stories, you need an internet connection. If you want to, you can download stories for offline reading.
Note: Stories are downloaded to your device. If you switch devices, you will need to re-download stories for that device.
To remove stories on the "My Stories" / "My Library" section of your app, select the settings icon (top right) and remove the stories you no longer want to see here.
If you can't see a story on your app (and know you are supposed to have access to that story), contact your account support.
When creating your user account, you will be asked to share your location.
If you are viewing the app from a desktop or web browser (Progressive Web App), then this options is only available if you enable location sharing on your device.
When you are invited to join a platform app, it means that you have been granted access to a private story that is available on an Invite-only, private app.
If the story, app, or video you are trying to open is taking a long time to load, you may need to check your device storage & capacity. Specifically, if you are on a lower-end device, there is only limited memory (storage and RAM) that can be allocated to run your app and provide a smooth experience.
Other factors that could contribute to video issues include: other apps that are running and eating into your device capacity, bad device codecs, or memory limit for apps set by the device manufacturer.
If your connection is slow, loading time may also be slow. On slow connections, the first load may take a long time, but when returning again later on a slow connection, the load time may be faster due to the device cache or the network cache.
If a story is not installing or seems to be stuck, please try the following:
- Close the app completely and re-open it then try installing the story again.
- Open the app, select the settings icon (top right) to open the library manager, and remove the story you are struggling with. Go to the app dashboard and try installing again.
- Ensure that your device has not run out of space, causing the install to pause.
If issues persist, you can send a debug report. This can be done via the app by going to Account > Send Debug Report.
The guided tour should only display the first time you are logging in or if you log in from a new device.
If you have installed the web app, you may need to clear your cache in order to solve the issue of the guided tour repeating. Follow these steps:
Step 1 Open the web app and uninstall (click the options icon and select uninstall <appname>) Step 2 Navigate to the web app link, e.g. https://appname.platformname.io Step 3 Re-install the web app by using the install prompt, or doing so manually
Last modified 1yr ago