If your device seems to freeze or content does not load, this may be related to your device or browser either being incompatible or not up-to-date. You can try the following steps to fix the issue. In some cases, you may need to reinstall a story or the app.
1. If you are getting a story error or can't open a story, try to uninstall the story and re-add it from the Discover section on the app.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app.
4. If your device is up-to-date and the app still doesn't work, your device may be incompatible. Install Google Chrome onto your desktop or device and use the web app instead.
If you are not getting invite, activation or password reset emails from the platform, this could be due to a number of reasons. Falkor uses a mail server that has a 99% uptime. If mails are not being received, please check the following:
Check with your mail supplier and whitelist the falkor.io and falkor.co.za domains.
The email may have ended up in your inbox spam/trash folder - please check.
Your inbox is full and you are unable to receive email.
The email address used to invite you was not spelled correctly - please check again carefully.
The email was received but overlooked / sender not recognised. All app invite emails are sent from "Falkor".
You have a Falkor backend account and have tried to reset your password on the app. Backend users must reset their password on the Falkor backend.
When the Progressive Web App (PWA - the app version that runs on a web browser) does not load correctly, it may be because:
1. Your browser is not up to date, or 2. You have a plugin installed that is blocking the app.
1. Make sure your are using a compatible browser (latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari)
2. Make sure the browser is up-to-date (check latest versions).
3. If the app still does not load, open an incognito tab in your browser and open the web app link. If the web app loads then there is likely an issue with an installed plugin (possibly an ad-blocker). Check your plugins for settings that may be blocking the falkor.io domain.
4. If you have checked that your plugins and your browser are compatible and up-to-date, you may be experiencing a network issue. If you are at your place of work, check with your IT team to see if they setup any protocols that would block loading the web app.
If you are on an Apple device and are trying to install a private Falkor app, you may see a message that looks something like this:
You will need to trust the app developer on your phone.
Why? This is because the app has been published privately and is not on the Apple App store. i.e. you are manually installing the app, therefore you must also manually establish trust.
What to do? Tap Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles & Device Management. Tap on “Developer Name”, then tap on “Trust Developer Name”. After doing this, the app will be installed on your device. For instructions on how to verify and trust Enterprise app developers, please view Apple's guidelines https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204460 (Install custom enterprise apps on iOS).